Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed November 1, 2006
Med Center Plans For Scotts Hill
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Plans for a medical center on Market Street in Scotts Hill will roll out before the New Hanover County Planning Board Thursday night.
Senca Properties is a group of doctors aiming to get nearly 50 acres on Market Street near the Pender County line rezoned.
Senca wants nearly 27 acres rezoned so New Hanover Regional Medical Center can build a hospital annex. Senca also wants the county to re-zone nearly 19 acres for a medical center with retail and restaurants.
Resident Jim Mullins says he's not against development, but he's against the retail portion of this development.
Because for the fact that we do have a very large retail area just a mile down the road at Porter's Neck and we don't need it in this area.
Mullins says he's also concerned about what impact the proposed hospital and medical center will have on Futch and Foy Creeks.
Senca says a storm water system will keep run off from near by Futch Creek, the county's most pristine creek.