Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue September 19, 2006
McIntyre Votes for Border Fence
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Congressman Mike McIntyre says while a lot more needs to be done on U.S., immigration policy he voted for a Mexican border fence to beef up border protection.
The House passed legislation Thursday that authorizes but does not fund 700 miles of fencing along the U-S Mexican border.
Nine other members of the North Carolina delegation joined McIntyre while three voted against the bill.