Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Around the Nation
Mon January 2, 2012
Mass. Dog Walker Wounded By Deer Hunter
Originally published on Mon January 2, 2012 7:06 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A hunter in Norton, Massachusetts may try harder next time to identify his target. The hunter thought he saw a saw white-tailed deer in the woods. In reality, he was looking at two dogs being taken for a walk. The good news is that the hunter was not a good shot. When he fired, he missed both dogs. The bad news is he wounded the woman walking them. At least the hunter didn't have to go far to get police. He was an off-duty state trooper. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.