Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Mon April 8, 2013
As a child, Gwenyfar Rohler was an equal opportunity lover of words--even the ones that were off-limits. Her punishment for uttering those jaw-dropping words?: copying literary works by hand. Here, she shares one of her mother's favorite selections, Rudyard Kipling's If, and what the poem has taught her.
Commentaries here on WHQR.org don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Public Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.