Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Tue August 7, 2012
Loughner Competent, Pleads Guilty To Ariz. Shooting
Originally published on Tue August 7, 2012 6:00 pm
Jared Loughner pleaded guilty on Tuesday to all counts related to last year's shooting spree in Tucson. Audie Cornish talks with Ted Robbins about the court proceedings, where the judge in the case found that psychiatric care and medication had rendered Loughner fit for trial. His plea was part of a deal with prosecutors that spared Loughner the death penalty.