Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Wed December 19, 2012
Lottery Winners Donate To School's Football Stadium
Originally published on Thu December 20, 2012 5:44 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Pretty in pink is the mantra for an Iowa couple. They won a Powerball jackpot and are now donating a few million dollars for a new football stadium at their son's high school. Their requirement? The visiting team's locker room must be painted pink. The inspiration for this design element came from Kinnick Stadium at the University of Iowa. Its pink walls, shelves and urinals have been taunting visiting teams for years. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.