Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Around the Nation
Thu October 27, 2011
Local Governments React To Spreading Protests
In cities from Atlanta to Oakland, residents and business owners have complained about clogged sidewalks, filthy parks and loud protests. Occupy Wall Street demonstrators continue to assert their right to gather, and have sparked demonstrations all over the world.