Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed May 31, 2006
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Nearly half of adults living in the Cape Fear region cannot read at the high school level.
The Cape Fear Literacy Council works with these adults, teaching them to read and write. WHQR's Catherine Welch talks with Cape Fear Literacy Council Director Linda Patton about some of the success stories that come out of her organization.