Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Wed May 31, 2006
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Nearly half of adults living in the Cape Fear region cannot read at the high school level.
The Cape Fear Literacy Council works with these adults, teaching them to read and write.
WHQR's Catherine Welch talks with Cape Fear Literacy Council Director Linda Patton about some of the success stories that come out of her organization.