Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue May 30, 2006
Literacy: How Adults Cope and Learn
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Nearly half of adults living in the Cape Fear region cannot read at the high school level, and many of them are reading below the 5th grade level.
The Cape Fear Literacy Council works with these adults, teaching them to read and write.
In the second part of our series, WHQR's Catherine Welch talks with Cape Fear Literacy Council Director Linda Patton about adults cope without reading skills, and how they learn to read and write.