Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri December 30, 2005
Linda Lavin's Evening of Introspection
Actress, singer, and Wilmington transplant Linda Lavin's long career started in New York dives, took her to sitcom fame, and is now summed up in her show, "The Song Remembers When," an evening of music and anecdotes. She sat down with WHQR's Megan Williams to talk about creating the show.
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC, December 30, 2005 – Linda Lavin has a long list of broadway, film, and TV credits to her name. The winner of multiple theatre and television awards, she starred in the sitcom "Alice" from 1976 to 1985, and made notable guest appearances last year on "The O.C."
Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Counties.