Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri June 13, 2008
A Lifelong Fisher
"The gannet's life, as with its intended quarry, is one of movement; including long and tedious oceanic travels, broken by brief though dramatic feeding frenzies."
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC – Last week, commentator Andy Wood was on a local beach when he witnessed a drama between a fish-eating gannet and its intended meal.
Andy sends this out in loving memory of his nephew Richie Spears, lifelong fisher, outdoorsman, and kindred spirit with gannets and all dwellers of the sea.