Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri June 13, 2008
A Lifelong Fisher
"The gannet's life, as with its intended quarry, is one of movement; including long and tedious oceanic travels, broken by brief though dramatic feeding frenzies."
By Andy Wood
Wilmington, NC – Last week, commentator Andy Wood was on a local beach when he witnessed a drama between a fish-eating gannet and its intended meal.
Andy sends this out in loving memory of his nephew Richie Spears, lifelong fisher, outdoorsman, and kindred spirit with gannets and all dwellers of the sea.