Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Mon November 5, 2012
A Lesson In Making Math Cool For Girls
Originally published on Mon November 5, 2012 1:59 pm
Women make up nearly half of the college-educated workforce, but hold less than a quarter of STEM jobs — as in jobs that involve science, technology, engineering and math. Actress turned mathematician Danica McKellar wants to turn those numbers around. She speaks to host Michel Martin about her latest math book for young girls, Girls Get Curves.