Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri June 15, 2012
Lera Lynn On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Mon June 23, 2014 9:52 am
Lera Lynn makes her first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded on the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown. A native of the music haven and college town Athens, Ga, country singer-songwriter Lera Lynn has been winning accolades and fans at an astounding pace. She was named "Best American Artist" at Athens' 2011 Flagpole Music Awards, and her tune "Bobby, Baby" won the same year's Chris Austin Songwriting Competition at Merlefest.
Backed here by Ben Lewis on vocals and lead acoustic guitar, and also joined by Ben Wills on bass, Lynn performs five songs from her debut album, Have You Met Lera Lynn? The second song of her set, "Standing on the Moon," was not heard in the radio broadcast.
Lera Lynn is followed by Mountain Stage band vocalist Julie Adams, performing "Come to Me."
This Mountain Stage performance originally aired on June 15, 2012.