Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Wed February 1, 2012
Leland Police Chief Fired
Leland’s Police Chief Timothy Jayne has been fired.
Jayne’s release was announced along with other organizational changes for the town in Brunswick County, including the elimination of three administrative positions and another job at the building inspections department.
Deputy Chief Karl Smith will serve as interim chief until another leader is appointed or a permanent replacement is hired.
In a press release, Town Manager David Hollis said that the town is ready to move in a new direction to better serve the public.
Several new positions will be advertised in the next few weeks, including police chief, human resources director, and code enforcement officer.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Please email the WHQR News Team.