Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
This Is NPR
Fri June 8, 2012
Leave A Message For The 'Car Talk' Guys
Originally published on Tue October 16, 2012 1:39 pm
Brothers Tom and Ray Magliozzi — whose voices and humor have shaped 35 years of Car Talk, one of the country's most beloved public radio shows — told their listeners today that they have decided to "stop and smell the cappuccino."
Starting in October, the guys will no longer record new programs. Fortunately for listeners, the Car Talk production team will continue to produce new shows built from more than 1,200 hilarious archive episodes, along with some updates from the brothers. NPR will continue to distribute the show to local public radio stations across the country.
If you are one of the millions of listeners who count the show and its hosts — best known as Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers — a Saturday morning staple, let them know. Leave a message for Tom and Ray on their website.