Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu December 1, 2011
Iowa Drainage Ditch To Be Renamed
Originally published on Thu December 1, 2011 6:07 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And today's last word in business is West Drainage Ditch. That is currently the name of the creek that runs through Kalona, Iowa. Not the most appealing of names, but a local newspaper editor is exploring plans to change it.
The editor wants a more noble name for the waterway - or the crick(ph), as locals call it, according to the Iowa Press Citizen. City council embraced the idea of a name change, and the editor has put the naming rights up for auction on eBay. Funds will go toward replacing the sidewalks. So get in your bid now.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.