Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed October 4, 2006
The Last Sounds of Myrtle Beach's Pavilion
By Joel Fernando
Wilmington, NC – Last Saturday was the last day to ride the Hurricane or eat cotton candy and popcorn at the Pavilion in Myrtle Beach.
The 58-year-old amusement park turned out the lights, making way for a new development on the Grand Strand. WHQR freelance producer Joel Fernando was there for the last ride, and has this audio postcard of what is now just a memory.