Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces Completed Purchase of WHQR Facilities by Friends of Public Radio, Inc.
- Changes in Entrepreneurial Landscape Open Space for Start-Ups in Small Cities like Wilmington
- Cinematique Presents "The Grand Seduction"
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Jesse Stockton
- UNCW Professor Pioneers Face Aging Technology
Thu October 24, 2013
Lady Chatterley's Lover and The New South Africa
D.H. Lawrence's novel, Lady Chatterly's Lover, was banned in 1958 and finally published in 1992. Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler, asks what made this book so terrifying that it could not be published? She receives her answer in a very unusual way.
Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler loves the classics, reading, and managing an independent bookstore in Downtown Wilmington.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.