Most Active Stories
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- On the Next CoastLine: Long Term Plans for the Cape Fear Region
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- CoastLine: Vertex Rail on Incentives, Why Hometown Hires Will Make Up 10% of Workforce
Thu October 24, 2013
Lady Chatterley's Lover and The New South Africa
D.H. Lawrence's novel, Lady Chatterly's Lover, was banned in 1958 and finally published in 1992. Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler, asks what made this book so terrifying that it could not be published? She receives her answer in a very unusual way.
Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler loves the classics, reading, and managing an independent bookstore in Downtown Wilmington.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.