Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- CoastLine: Foster Care in New Hanover County
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
Thu October 24, 2013
Lady Chatterley's Lover and The New South Africa
D.H. Lawrence's novel, Lady Chatterly's Lover, was banned in 1958 and finally published in 1992. Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler, asks what made this book so terrifying that it could not be published? She receives her answer in a very unusual way.
Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler loves the classics, reading, and managing an independent bookstore in Downtown Wilmington.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.