Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
Thu October 24, 2013
Lady Chatterley's Lover and The New South Africa
D.H. Lawrence's novel, Lady Chatterly's Lover, was banned in 1958 and finally published in 1992. Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler, asks what made this book so terrifying that it could not be published? She receives her answer in a very unusual way.
Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler loves the classics, reading, and managing an independent bookstore in Downtown Wilmington.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.