Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri August 24, 2007
Kids and Guns
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Members of the Wilmington Police Department recently met with residents of the Creekwood South public housing community to talk about the rising problem of gun violence in and around that community.
The latest victim was 17-years-old, the suspects are 16 and 17. Police say more and more teens are settling scores with a gun.
WHQR News takes a deeper look at guns and kids and what is happening on the streets of Wilmington.