Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Mon May 20, 2013
Kickoff for the Cape Fear 2040 Transportation Plan
Starting Tuesday, residents of Southeast North Carolina will be able to give their input into the future of transportation. The Wilmington Metropolitan Planning Organization, or MPO, will launch a public survey to consider a regional transportation plan for the year 2040.
The surveys will help determine how the region should invest in transportation of all modes, from bicycle and pedestrian projects, to rail, aviation, and roads. In this edition of Business Brief, WHQR’s Sara Wood talks to Transportation Planner Suraiya Rashid from the Wilmington MPO about the plan.