Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed August 29, 2007
Junior Firefighter Admits Starting Fires
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – A junior volunteer firefighter confessed to starting two fires in Boiling Spring Lakes.
Boiling Spring Lakes Police Chief Richard White says seventeen-year-old Leroy Jolly Junior confessed to burning houses on August 5th and a building under construction last Sunday.
Nobody was injured in the fires but both structures were destroyed.
"A lot of our residents were concerned," says White. "We were flooded with phone calls and visits to the police department on Monday because of the fire on Sunday. I think it'll put everyone's mind at ease."
White says Jolly was charged with one count of arson and one count of burning a building under construction.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.