Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu July 5, 2012
Judge Sets George Zimmerman's Bond At $1 Million
Originally published on Thu July 5, 2012 6:23 pm
A judge in Sanford, Florida, has set George Zimmerman's bail at $1 million, which means Zimmerman can be released while awaiting trial on charges of shooting and killing Trayvon Martin. But in his order, the judge expressed anger at Zimmerman's actions hiding some $200,000 from the court. He says Zimmerman "flaunted" the legal system and it appears he was preparing to flee to avoid prosecution, but his plans were thwarted. Greg Allen talks to Robert Siegel.