Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu June 21, 2012
Joe Pug: 'Hymn' For A Lasting Relationship
Originally published on Mon July 7, 2014 4:32 pm
A hymn is a faith song, and Joe Pug knows about faith. It was a leap of faith which moved him to quit school in pursuit of songwriting in the first place. So it's no surprise that his stirring new song "Hymn #76" balances on faith. "To love me is to set up on a mountain," he sings. "Every step is harder than the last."
This is no starry-eyed tale of soap-opera love; there's no lusty eye-batting. Pug sings about the real thing, commitment, which is nothing without faith. As he performs it in this session from Folk Alley, "Hymn #76" is about trusting the journey as its own reward.