Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fri March 14, 2014
It's a 'Ladies Night' of Blues on 91.3fm!
WHQR's Front Street Blues has been a weekend FM mainstay for over a decade, and the Blues just keeps coming. It'll get even more interesting on Saturday, March 15 when host & producer Lan Nichols plays nothin' but the ladies of the Blues.
WHQR has been lucky to catalog a prized selection of recordings by Blues women, and we've been spinning them for years. But make FSB's 1-hour set a 'ladies only' event and it takes on a completely different dimension. Saturday's selections include music from powerhouse Blues women like Koko Taylor, Katie Webster, Joanna Conner, Kay Kay Greenwade, Debbie Davies and EG Kight, to newcomers Deb Ryder and Halley DeVestern. Believe us when we say it's tough making choices like this for an hour of music. Next step? We'll comb through the library and do an hour of N.C. Blues women only - that'll turn some heads.
Tune in to Front Street Blues every Friday and Saturday at midnight on WHQR 91.3fm. You can also stream our signal from our Home page at http://www.whqr.org.
FSB producer and host Lan Nichols welcomes your program suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.