Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Tue August 7, 2012
IRS Caught Between Parties On Tax-Exempt Groups
Originally published on Tue August 7, 2012 6:00 pm
One of the biggest players in contested Senate races this year has been Crossroads GPS, a social welfare non-profit group that can conceal the names of its donors. Now, top GOP senators are telling the IRS to back off new rules that could make it harder for groups like Crossroads to operate.