Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed May 30, 2012
Introducing the Planet Money iPhone App
Today we're proud to announce the launch of our Planet Money iPhone app, which represents a new direction in our mobile strategy.
We chose Planet Money as NPR's first program-specific app because of its importance to our editorial mission and because of its popularity. Since 2008, Planet Money has challenged the notion that complex economic issues can only be understood by economists. Now, the Planet Money team is challenging our notions about what makes a good app, and together we've come up with a design and a number of features that we're looking to incorporate into our other mobile applications in the near future.
The Planet Money app is also an opportunity for us to learn about how to better serve the fanatically loyal audiences that coalesce around a particular program. As Caitlin pointed out this morning, the app was developed with substantial input from our audience, and we hope that you'll continue to help us improve the app now that it's live. Although this is our first step in the world of program-specific apps, it's a big one. Please take a moment to comment and let us know what you think.