Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Thu August 10, 2006
ILM Tightens Its Security
By Carrie Wellman
Wilmington, NC – Passengers flying out of Wilmington International Airport should expect heightened security due to an alleged terrorist plot in London to blow up U.S.-bound planes.
Although Wilmington is not a national hub, airport director Jon Rosborough says increased security precautions are underway at ILM.
He says cars are prohibited from lingering at the curb for pick-ups and drop offs, and beefed up security inside the airport may slow down the boarding process.
I think our passengers and customers have to be prepared to have delays to what they're normally used to, and that is getting through the line in ten minutes. I think that's not going to be the case.
Rosborough says passengers will not be allowed to bring any liquids or gels in their carryon luggage. He says such restrictions will be in place for an indefinite period of time.