Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri October 14, 2011
If You're So Inclined, Don A Black Turtleneck For 'Steve Jobs Day'
Most fans of the late co-founder of Apple probably already know, but just in case:
Some folks have declared this to be "Steve Jobs Day," and are encouraging others to "Sport your black turtleneck, jeans, tennis shoes, and glasses and snap a pic!" They're also making it easy to donate money to cancer research in Jobs' memory.
This falls on the same day that Apple is starting to sell the new iPhoneS, and that meant — of course — lines outside stores around the world.
And if you were about to put on a black turtleneck and don't want others to think you're part of all this, you're welcome.