Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed October 1, 2003
Thomas Wolfe notwithstanding, thanks to better building codes, you CAN go home again.
By WHQR public radio
Wilmington NC – She made a mess of things but here in Southeastern North Carolina, Hurricane Isabel wasn't as devastating as others of her kind.
Architect and commentator Charles Boney says it wasn't all luck. Better building codes and materials made to withstand such enviornmental pressures played their part as well.
Architect Charles Boney and his wife make their home in the Historic District of downtown Wilmington.