Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Tue July 31, 2012
How U.S.-Iran Tensions Are Tied To Afghanistan
To the United States, Iran is a pariah state. To Afghanistan, Iran is a powerful neighbor that could help promote development and stability, and that puts U.S. foreign policy in conflict. On one hand, Washington is looking for every opportunity to contain Tehran. But, if Iran chooses to help achieve the American goal of peace and stability in Afghanistan, the U.S. might have to turn a blind eye.