Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- CoastLine: Foster Care in New Hanover County
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
Thu November 7, 2013
How Can We Love Learning But Hate School?
Fresh Voices On-Air commentator, Eleni Stoycos, focuses on a failed educational system that short- changes the youth and inadequately prepares them for real world challenges. She asks: "How can we love learning but hate school?"
Eleni Stoycos is a sophomore and honor student at New Hanover High School. She plays volleyball and soccer and likes running. In her free time she enjoys going to the beach and spending time with family and friends.
If you would like to become a Fresh Voices On-Air commentator and you’re between the ages of 12 and 17, email us your submission at op services at WHQR dot org.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.
Local - August 13