Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu November 7, 2013
How Can We Love Learning But Hate School?
Fresh Voices On-Air commentator, Eleni Stoycos, focuses on a failed educational system that short- changes the youth and inadequately prepares them for real world challenges. She asks: "How can we love learning but hate school?"
Eleni Stoycos is a sophomore and honor student at New Hanover High School. She plays volleyball and soccer and likes running. In her free time she enjoys going to the beach and spending time with family and friends.
If you would like to become a Fresh Voices On-Air commentator and you’re between the ages of 12 and 17, email us your submission at op services at WHQR dot org.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.
Local - August 13