Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fri April 13, 2012
Holy Hail! Photos, Videos Show Texas Storm's Fury; Drifts 4-Feet Deep
Originally published on Fri April 13, 2012 7:46 am
Photos and videos from Wednesday's hail storm that hit part of the Texas panhandle tell a pretty amazing story.
Nickel-sized hailstones fell so fast and so furiously that they were pushed into drifts that in some places ended up about 4-feet high.
The National Weather Service's Amarillo office has more images and explanations on its Facebook page.