Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Fri April 13, 2012
Holy Hail! Photos, Videos Show Texas Storm's Fury; Drifts 4-Feet Deep
Originally published on Fri April 13, 2012 7:46 am
Photos and videos from Wednesday's hail storm that hit part of the Texas panhandle tell a pretty amazing story.
Nickel-sized hailstones fell so fast and so furiously that they were pushed into drifts that in some places ended up about 4-feet high.
The National Weather Service's Amarillo office has more images and explanations on its Facebook page.