Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Midday Interview - Nov. 27, 2012
Tue November 27, 2012
Holiday Train Expo
My guests today were Don Huovenin (left) and Farrell Teague (right). Don and Farrell are members of the Cape Fear Model Railroad Society which has created a Holiday Train Expo in the former Gap Store next to Sears at Independence Mall. It features many exhibits of model trains (O Gauge, HO and G) some of which are interactive. You can start and stop the train! You can load coal! It’s a great family event, and it runs Fridays from 6 to 9 and Saturdays from 2 to 5 through December 22.