Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Mon January 9, 2006
Helping the Homeless
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – A North Carolina psychiatric hospital and a Myrtle Beach organization are sending homeless people to Wilmington on one-way bus tickets,leaving it up to law enforcement and local agencies to stem the flow and help these new arrivals. WHQR's Catherine Welch has more.