Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Wed July 25, 2012
Hearing On N.Y.'s Soda Ban Brimming With Opinions
Originally published on Wed July 25, 2012 8:12 am
New York City held its first and only public hearing on Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposed ban on super-sized sodas Tuesday. One critic of the ban said a lazy lifestyle contributes to obesity just as much as soda; a supporter said he lost 50 pounds by cutting out sugary drinks. The health board will vote on the ban in September.