Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri June 23, 2006
The Healing Force
Every winter, WHQR celebrates Kwanzaa with the program Season's Griot. This week, in honor of the summer solstice, Arts Reporter Megan Williams brings us another taste of African storytelling, with the group The Healing Force.
By Megan V. Williams
Hampstead, NC – The Healing Force is the creation of the Anderson family group out of Winston-Salem. For sixteen years they?ve sought out African stories to tell in their unique, musical fashion.
You can find out more about the Healing Force at their website.
Future programs in the Pender County Libraries are on their calendar.
Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Counties.