Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fri June 23, 2006
The Healing Force
Every winter, WHQR celebrates Kwanzaa with the program Season's Griot. This week, in honor of the summer solstice, Arts Reporter Megan Williams brings us another taste of African storytelling, with the group The Healing Force.
By Megan V. Williams
Hampstead, NC – The Healing Force is the creation of the Anderson family group out of Winston-Salem. For sixteen years they?ve sought out African stories to tell in their unique, musical fashion.
You can find out more about the Healing Force at their website.
Future programs in the Pender County Libraries are on their calendar.
Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Counties.