Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri June 23, 2006
The Healing Force
Every winter, WHQR celebrates Kwanzaa with the program Season's Griot. This week, in honor of the summer solstice, Arts Reporter Megan Williams brings us another taste of African storytelling, with the group The Healing Force.
By Megan V. Williams
Hampstead, NC – The Healing Force is the creation of the Anderson family group out of Winston-Salem. For sixteen years they?ve sought out African stories to tell in their unique, musical fashion.
You can find out more about the Healing Force at their website.
Future programs in the Pender County Libraries are on their calendar.
Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Counties.