Most Active Stories
- John Boehner Foe Targets 'Electile' Dysfunction
- FSB Encore from Mac & Juice and Jim Ashley
- New Moral Movies Film Series Intends to Highlight Social Issues and Spur Community Discussion
- UNCW Business Leaders Ask Cape Fear Region's Top Five Employers to Reveal Their Needs
- Cinematique: "Enemy" (New Time, 7PM)
Fri June 23, 2006
The Healing Force
Every winter, WHQR celebrates Kwanzaa with the program Season's Griot. This week, in honor of the summer solstice, Arts Reporter Megan Williams brings us another taste of African storytelling, with the group The Healing Force.
By Megan V. Williams
Hampstead, NC – The Healing Force is the creation of the Anderson family group out of Winston-Salem. For sixteen years they?ve sought out African stories to tell in their unique, musical fashion.
You can find out more about the Healing Force at their website.
Future programs in the Pender County Libraries are on their calendar.
Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Counties.