Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon August 3, 2009
"A modernization project on the Tigris, the Ilisu Dam a few years from completion will flood this city with its reservoir...I began to think of home [in] southeastern NC and all that we have lost."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – Speaking of summer travels to Turkey, commentator Shane Fernando talks about how some events from faraway places can bring his thoughts right back home again.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.