Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon August 3, 2009
"A modernization project on the Tigris, the Ilisu Dam a few years from completion will flood this city with its reservoir...I began to think of home [in] southeastern NC and all that we have lost."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – Speaking of summer travels to Turkey, commentator Shane Fernando talks about how some events from faraway places can bring his thoughts right back home again.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.