Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
Wed October 31, 2012
Halloween poll finds chocolate bars, zombies, and Friday the 13th to be favorites
A new poll finds that 62% of voters have a favorable opinion of Halloween. And, as WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn reports, 26% say they’ll be dressing up this year.
More Democrats than Republicans say they’ll be donning costumes this year, but among those -- more Republicans than Democrats had decided on their costume at the time they were polled. That’s according to the latest data from Public Policy Polling.
Chocolate bars were overwhelmingly the favorite type of Halloween candy, followed by candy corn. Just 6% opted for candy apples. 36% of voters wish they could still go trick-or treating.
And according to poll respondents, zombies came in dead first as the scariest monster.
Responses were split on favorite horror movie -- with Friday the 13th, the Halloween movies, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Night of the Living Dead all cracking double digits among horror fans.