Most Active Stories
- John Boehner Foe Targets 'Electile' Dysfunction
- FSB Encore from Mac & Juice and Jim Ashley
- New Moral Movies Film Series Intends to Highlight Social Issues and Spur Community Discussion
- UNCW Business Leaders Ask Cape Fear Region's Top Five Employers to Reveal Their Needs
- Cinematique: "Enemy" (New Time, 7PM)
Mon October 31, 2011
Halloween Chicago-Style: 'Da Mayor And 'Da Zombies
Originally published on Mon October 31, 2011 6:44 pm
Set aside your doubts about zombies and ignore the signs of Photoshopping (like that reflection in the window of a guy with a baseball cap).
NPR's David Schaper, who tipped us off to this bit of Halloween whimsy from 'Da Mayor's office suggests: "Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel makes sure the living dead, as well as the dead dead, are registered to vote in Chicago's next election."
Emanuel's office, which posted the picture, offered this: "In case of a zombie apocalypse, remember to stay calm like Rahm. Have a happy and safe Halloween, Chicago!"
We were thinking along these lines: "Everybody knew the dead voted in Chicago, but do they also get to ride with 'Da Mayor?"
Have at it in the comments thread. And stay safe tonight.