Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fri October 5, 2012
Guards Chastised For Showing Inmates Prison Flick
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. When you board a plane, there's a good chance the in-flight movie will not be about a plane crash. Guards at a Russian prison were less careful when choosing a movie to show inmates. Prosecutors say the prisoners were shown "Next Three Days." That's the Russell Crowe, Elizabeth Banks movie about a jailbreak. Prosecutors reprimanded the guards, calling the film a Hollywood jailbreak manual that fails to promote correction of inmates and prevention of new crimes. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.