Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
Thu August 23, 2012
Group Gardening In San Antonio, Texas
My significant other, Angela Hartsell, is the Community Gardens Program Manager of Green Spaces Alliance Of South Texas. She builds public and private coalitions to help communities and their gardens in San Antonio. So far her efforts have helped create 33 gardens.
Angela encourages community members to stay involved through hands-on education and garden events, while also looking for seed money and materials donations. She has shown that through sharing our skills and time we share the bounty of community; and in this way we care for ourselves, each other and the planet.
Jason Winn works for an engineering firm and listens to KSTX.