Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue February 28, 2012
Great American Songbook Part Two: Lyrics or Poetry?
WHQR and Thalian Hall are presenting a live performance of Phil Furia’s feature program The Great American Songbook on Friday, March 2nd on Thalian Hall’s main stage.
Before the big event, WHQR's Rachel Lewis Hilburn is taking a deeper look at the history of the Great American Songbook with a three-part series.
It’s delightful, it’s delicious, it’s de-lovely… that familiar phrase found its way into the English lexicon in the first half of the twentieth century.
In part two of our special series on the history of The Great American Songbook, WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn and Phil Furia, creator of the Midday Café feature, explore how so many of the great lyricists started life as light verse poets.
For tickets to the event, visit thalianhall.org.
WHQR and Thalian Hall present