Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue February 28, 2012
Great American Songbook Part Two: Lyrics or Poetry?
WHQR and Thalian Hall are presenting a live performance of Phil Furia’s feature program The Great American Songbook on Friday, March 2nd on Thalian Hall’s main stage.
Before the big event, WHQR's Rachel Lewis Hilburn is taking a deeper look at the history of the Great American Songbook with a three-part series.
It’s delightful, it’s delicious, it’s de-lovely… that familiar phrase found its way into the English lexicon in the first half of the twentieth century.
In part two of our special series on the history of The Great American Songbook, WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn and Phil Furia, creator of the Midday Café feature, explore how so many of the great lyricists started life as light verse poets.
For tickets to the event, visit thalianhall.org.
WHQR and Thalian Hall present