Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
Thu September 27, 2012
We owe a lot to Elisha Otis--carriage maker, doll maker, inventor par excellence. He's the man who made skyscrapers possible, says his biggest fan, Nan Graham.
Nan Graham has two collections of WHQR commentaries and a third book in the works. Her website can be found at nangraham.com.
COMMENTARIES HERE ON WHQR DON'T NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF WHQR RADIO, ITS EDITORIAL STAFF, OR ITS MEMBERS.