Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed July 2, 2008
The Glorious Fourth
"One gleeful lad of about seven holds a flag while he shoots multiple firecrackers at a terrified cat, beating a hasty retreat."
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – Commentator Nan Graham was never allowed any fireworks as a child. Her daddy's friend had blown his hand off on the fourth of July 1910. Now she learns about a national movement with the same sentiment.
Nan Graham's collection of WHQR commentaries can be seen on her website at nangraham.com.