Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed July 2, 2008
The Glorious Fourth
"One gleeful lad of about seven holds a flag while he shoots multiple firecrackers at a terrified cat, beating a hasty retreat."
By Nan Graham
Wilmington, NC – Commentator Nan Graham was never allowed any fireworks as a child. Her daddy's friend had blown his hand off on the fourth of July 1910. Now she learns about a national movement with the same sentiment.
Nan Graham's collection of WHQR commentaries can be seen on her website at nangraham.com.