Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue May 1, 2012
Gingrich Says Goodbye To 2012 Campaign In New Video
Originally published on Tue May 1, 2012 10:41 am
Saying he wants to give his supporters "an insider advanced notice that on Wednesday I'll be officially suspending the campaign," former House Speaker Newt Gingrich uses a video this morning to take another step on his way out of the 2012 Republican presidential campaign.
Gingrich, who is expected to soon endorse Mitt Romney's bid for the White House, doesn't mention the former Massachusetts governor. But he does say, again, that reelecting President Obama "would be a genuine disaster."
For more coverage the the 2012 presidential campaign, see It's All Politics.