Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Around the Nation
Tue July 30, 2013
Giant KFC Bucket Not Your Typical Yard Decoration
Originally published on Tue July 30, 2013 7:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. In Waynesboro, Georgia, Aleena Headrick thought she was hallucinating when she saw a huge Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket in her front yard. Turns out her landlord collects vintage signs and put it there. It quickly became a big draw for gawkers, which Headrick finds amusing.
As she told a local TV station, she can now direct friends to come down to a KFC bucket and turn right. She even imagines putting giant mashed potatoes next to it. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.