Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Around the Nation
Fri November 11, 2011
Friday Is Corduroy Appreciation Day
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. You may think it's Veteran's Day, but that's not what one social club celebrates tonight. The Corduroy Appreciation Club loves this date because it's 11-11-11. They say it most resembles the fabric corduroy. I guess because of all the vertical lines. Anyway, this is a real club which denounces velvet as the poor man's corduroy and is meeting tonight in New York. In order to get in, you may wear at least three items made of corduroy. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.