Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat December 17, 2011
Fresh Air Weekend: Louis C.K., Sports Journalism
Originally published on Sat December 17, 2011 3:45 pm
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Louis C.K. Reflects On 'Louie,' Loss, Love And Life: The comedian's latest special, Live at the Beacon Theater, was released earlier this week. C.K. talks about why he went with Web distribution this time, and reflects on his award-winning TV series, his relationship with other comedians and his USO appearances.
Going 'One On One' With Sports' Greatest Stars Award-winning sports journalist John Feinstein explains how he's gotten some of the most talented and temperamental athletes and coaches in the world to talk to him. His book One on One details his conversations with people like Bobby Knight, Tiger Woods and John McEnroe.
'Three Views' Of Trumpeter Dave Douglas Douglas' three very different quintet albums sound very good together, says critic Kevin Whitehead.
You can listen to all of the original broadcasts here:
- Louis C.K. Reflects On 'Louie,' Loss, Love And Life
- Going 'One On One' With Sports' Greatest Stars
- 'Three Views' Of Trumpeter Dave Douglas