Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat March 24, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: Jonah Lehrer, Sonja Sohn
Originally published on Sat March 24, 2012 11:24 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Fostering 'Creativity' In The Workplace: Companies like 3M allow their employees to have an hour a day to do whatever they want: work on a side project or tinker with a hobby. In doing so, they're helping their employees become more creative — and increasing their productivity, says science writer Jonah Lehrer in his new book, Imagine.
Sonja Sohn: Changing Baltimore Long After 'The Wire': For five seasons, actress Sonja Sohn played Detective Shakima "Kima" Greggs on the critically acclaimed HBO series The Wire, which chronicled life and death on Baltimore's toughest streets. When the series ended, Sohn stayed in Baltimore — to help young people straighten out their lives.
You can listen to the original broadcasts here: