Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents "The Grand Seduction"
- WHQR Announces Completed Purchase of WHQR Facilities by Friends of Public Radio, Inc.
- Changes in Entrepreneurial Landscape Open Space for Start-Ups in Small Cities like Wilmington
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Jesse Stockton
- Southeastern NC Film Community Group Photo To Be Taken This Saturday
Fri July 27, 2012
Freed Inmate Re-Incarcerated For Refusing To Leave
Originally published on Fri July 27, 2012 11:44 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer with the opposite of a jailbreak. Rodney Dwayne Valentine was released from jail. He asked police officers for a ride to a motel and the officers said no. They told him to call a cab. Instead, Valentine decided to stay put. He refused to leave the jail. The Greensboro News and Record reports that Valentine was then arrested for trespassing. He's back in the slammer. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.